The most used emulsifiers for bread quality improver are sodium stearyl lactate (SSL), calcium stearyl lactate (CSL), diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono-diglyceride (DATEM), distilled monoglyceride (DMG), etc. Various emulsifiers interact with starch and protein in flour to form complex complexes, which can enhance the gluten, improve the processing performance, improve the bread tissue, prolong the fresh-keeping period and so on. The amount of addition is generally 0.2% to 0.5% (opposite flour meter).
Sodium/calcium stearyl lactate (ssl/csl):
It has the effect of strong reinforcement. On the one hand, it has a strong interaction with protein, forming gluten protein complex, making the gluten network more detailed and elastic, improving the air holding capacity of yeast fermented dough and increasing the volume of baked bread. On the other hand, it interacts with amylose to form insoluble complex, thus inhibiting the old amylose. Keep the freshness of the baked bread. SSL/CSL can increase the volume of bread while improving the softness of bread, but its good effect will be weakened when combined with other emulsifiers.
Diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono-diglyceride (DATEM):
It can interact strongly with protein to improve the air holding capacity of the fermented dough, thus increasing the volume and elasticity of the bread, which is more obvious in the modulation of soft flour. If the angle of increasing the volume of bread is considered, DATEM will be the best among many emulsifiers and an ideal alternative to potassium bromate.
Distilled monoglyceride (DMG):
As a bread tissue softener, the main function is to resist the aging of bread, and often used with other emulsifiers and synergistic effect.
And more, in bread industry, more and more producer used the compound additive, we usually called it as bread improver, the improver has strong improving ability for bread quality.
Related Industry Knowledge
- The action of accelerators
- Experience of OP-10 emulsifier
- What do you know about osmotic JFC
- Infiltration of JFC
- Properties and applications of osmotic agents
- Application and characteristics of modern emuls...
- Emulsifier alkyl phenol polyoxyethylene ether N...
- Application of emulsified wax in fiber board in...
- High efficiency special green has become a new ...
- How to choose emulsifier
- Emulsifier E472e technical data sheet
- DISTILLED MONOGLYCERIDE MSDS
- UAE issued new regulation on food safet
- cake gel emulsifier tech date sheet
- Polyglycerol Esters of Fatty Acids TDS
- Acetylated Mono- and Diglycerides TDS
- Citric Acid Esters of Mono-and Diglycerides tec...
- food emulsifiers and compound improver descripi...
- DISTILLED MONOGLYCERIDE TECHNICAL DATE SHEET
- Polyglycerol polyricinoleate technical sheet date