Sorbitan Monostearate (sp60) E491 Cas No. 1338-41-6
Sorbitan Monostearate 1. APPEARANCE: yellow granular powder. 2. OTHER NAMES: Span 60; SMS 3. HLB VALUE: 4.7.
1. APPEARANCE: yellow granular powder.
2.OTHER NAMES: Span 60; SMS
3.HLB VALUE: 4.7
At normal temperature, it is light yellow granular solid.
Above the melting point, it is soluble in ethanol and toluene, insoluble in cold water.
It can be dispersed in warm water and dissolved in (slightly cloudy) mineral oil and ethyl acetate above 50 degrees Celsius.
The melting point is 54-56 degrees centigrade.
5. Function: It has emulsifying, stabilizing and defoaming properties.
6. Food emulsifier type: W/O emulsifier, HLB value is 4.7.
7. Used for cake, bread ,dairy products, etc..
8. Exporting product specification(we can produce as the clients required)
25kg / bag, net weight.
(1) Application: Used as emulsifier and stabilizer in food, cosmetic, and other industry.
(2) Storage and preservation: preserved dry, cool, avoid sunlight.
8. SHELF LIFE: 1 year