Sorbitan Monolaurate (sp-20) E493 Cas No. 1338-39-2
S20-SORBITAN MONOLAURATE Characters: Sorbitan monolaurate is called SP20, it is yellow viscous liquid, CAS NO. 1338-39-2, E code is E493, It has a special odor, which is slightly soluble in isopropanol, chloroethylene, xylene, cottonseed oil and mineral oil.
Sorbitan monolaurate is called SP20, it is yellow viscous liquid, CAS NO. 1338-39-2, E code is E493, It has a special odor, which is slightly soluble in isopropanol, chloroethylene, xylene, cottonseed oil and mineral oil, slightly soluble in liquid paraffin, insoluble in water and emulsion after dispersing. It has emulsifying, lubricating, stabilizing and defoaming properties. It belongs to W/O emulsifier and its HLB value is 8.6.
This product has strong emulsification, dispersion, wetting properties, is a good thickening agent, lubricants, stabilizers and defoamers.
(1) In bread, cakes and shortening as emulsifier improve the bread and cakes quality, increase their volume, the dose is 0.3%(based on the dry materials quantity.
(2) For fats, oils and emulsified fat products, to improve the stability of fat emulsion. And the dose is 1.5%(Based the fat).
(3) For the soybean products, the dose is 0.16%(based on the soybean quantity)
(4) For chocolate and cocoa products, improve the texture and increase flexibility.
(1) Add it to the water around 60 ℃, make it paste form, and then use it in an appropriate proportion.
(2) Further processing after it is evenly dissolved with the fat.
Aluminium foil bag vacuum packing with nitrogen inside. Net weight:25KG/CTN(5KG*5) or packaged with moisture proof paper bag, 25kg/bag.
Storage & Transportation:
Sealed and stored in the low temperature, dry, cool and well-ventilated place, in order to prevent from moisture and caking. Strictly forbid storing and transporting with materials that is explosive, combustible or deleterious. The shelf life is 12 months.