Calcium Stearoyl Lactylate(CSL)
Halal and Kosher food emulsifier Calcium stearoyl lactylate (CSL) Characters: Ivory powder or flake-shaped solid. It can be dispersed well in hot water and soluble in ethanol and hot oils and fats with pleasant caramel-like odor. It is an anionic emulsifier with HLB value of 5.1.
Calcium stearoyl lactylate (CSL) can be dispersed well in hot water and soluble in ethanol and hot oils and fats with pleasant caramel-like odor. It is Ivory powder or flake-shaped solid, anionic emulsifier with HLB value of 5.1. Usually called Calcium stearoyl lactylate as CSL , CAS NO.: 5793-94-2, E code is E482.
It can be used for multiple purposes such as emulsification, aging resistance, gluten fortifying and fresh-keeping in many kinds of food such as bread, steam bread, noodle, instant noodle and dumpling. It can also be used as an emulsifier in milk, non-dairy creamer, margarine, meat products, animal and vegetable oils,fresh cream etc.
1. Increase the springiness, toughness and gas-holding capability of dough, increase volume of the bread and steam bread and improve the organization and structure. It can react with amylose to delay and prevent the food aging. It can make it easier to remove biscuits from moulds to produce smooth appearance, distinct layers and crisp feeling in mouth.
2. It can make hot and spicy food more pliable and softer and prolong the preservation time.
3. Enhance the quality of quick frozen food, improve their organization and structure, and prevent surface cracking and filling escaping.
1. It can be directly mixed well with flour for use.
2. Put this product into warm water at about 60℃ with proportion of 1:6 to get paste shaped substance, ten add it into flour in proportion to obtain better effect.
3. When used in non-dairy creamer or this kind of substance, it should be heated well with emulsified substance to get homogeneous emulsion before further processing.
Recommended Adding Amount: 0.2~0.5 %( Calculated by Flour)
Acid value (Calculated by KOH) / (mg/g)
Ester value(Calculated by KOH) / (mg/g)
Total lactic acid (W/%)
Calcium content (W/%)
Pb / （mg/kg）
Aluminium foil bag vacuum packaging with cartons. Net weight:25KG
Storage & Transportation:
Sealed and stored in the low temperature, dry, cool and well-ventilated place, Strictly forbid storing and trasporting with materials that is explorsive, combustible or deleterious. The shelf life is 12 months.
Why do you choose our food emulsifier:
Our food emulsifier is pure in color, excellent in quality and effective in ingredient content. It is better used in baking, grease and other industries.
What is the role of stearyl calcium lactylate in biscuits?
Reply: It can make biscuits more crisp, improve the taste and improve the internal structure of biscuits.
Do you produce food grade calcium stearoyl lactylate?
Reply: We are food emulsifiers producer in China, and we produce food grade calcium stearoyl lactylate.
Calcium stearoyl lactylate is safety for food products?
Reply: CSL is a safety food emulsifier,The LD50 of mice was 10.985g/kg. FAO/WHO (1985) stipulates that ADI is 0-20mg/kg.
Can calcium stearyl lactate also be used in noodles?
Reply: Make the noodles more smooth, low broken rate, boiling resistant, and more chewy.
Can calcium stearoyl lactylate use in spicy foods?
Reply: It can make spicy food feel soft and stretch, and prolong the preservation time.